Life moves rather fast; whether you’re picking up your kids from school, making dinner, rushing to work or doing the other million things we do in a day, we tend to ignore time to ourselves. When is the last time you stopped and smelled the roses? Or just took time to yourself? Here is how you can enjoy your company and calm your mind and body, it’s meditation made easy.
Meditation Made Easy
Meditation has a calming effect on both the mind and body. Meditation is practicing you ability to pay attention.
Today so many people are overstimulated and are constantly bouncing from one thing to the next, they are unable to take in the world around them.
By practicing meditation you will become more in tune with the world around you, as well as yourself.
Ways to Meditate
At first, meditation may feel silly and awkward, but what doesn’t when you first start out? You may have difficulty calming your mind or trying to just sit still, but here are some helpful hints that will aid you in your practice:
- Focus on your breath. Taking note of your breath will guide your mind away from random thoughts of chores and gossip and channel your energy into the meditation. If you are having difficulty try counting your breaths, shoot for 100.
- Try a meditationap. Lie down on a bed, couch or floor, close your eyes and do nothing. It’s okay if you fall asleep. Just relax.
- Make meditation a reward. Find a way to look forward to your meditation. Find your personal gain from meditating and treat yourself to the practice.
- Repeat a mantra or positive affirmation. Tell yourself what you need to hear.
- Embrace your thoughts. Let your thoughts trickle in and float out, try not to hold on to any, just let them sift through.
Meditation can be a bit tricky at first, but if you keep to it you will be less stressed and more at peace. Even if you feel silly at first, try to stick with it. A peaceful mind is a happy mind.
Please share and Comment because Sharing is Sexy! So is commenting:)
Have an Awesome Day and Life!!
Debbie Sasek – Text or call me at 616-340-0875
“I help women feel confident and happy & help them get back into that Skinny Black Dress and feel sexy again!
P.S. Learn more about Starting a Meditation Practice!