Top 5 Healthy Summer Cocktails:
Cucumber & Melon White Sangria
- 1 750-mL bottle Gewürztraminer, dry Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 cups diced honeydew melon
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup chilled plain seltzer
- Combine wine, vermouth, melon, cucumber and basil in a large pitcher. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in seltzer. Serve over ice.
Fresh Cherry Lemonade
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted, plus whole cherries for garnish
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Combine cherries, lemon juice and sugar in a blender. Puree until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a pitcher. Stir in water. Serve over ice, garnished with lemon and cherries.
Summer Fruit Punch
- 2 cups diced stone fruit, (apricots, plums, peaches, nectarines)
- 2 cups apricot juice
- 2 cups sparkling wine
- 1 cup seltzer
- Combine diced fruit, apricot juice, sparkling wine and seltzer. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Non-alcoholic version: Substitute sparkling cider for the wine.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen (not thawed) strawberries , (about 12 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup coconut-flavored rum, such as Malibu
- Combine strawberries, sugar and lime juice together in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes and rum and blend until frothy. Transfer mixture to a pitcher and serve.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) tequila
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Combine lime zest and salt on a small plate. Combine lime juice, seltzer (or club soda), tequila and Triple Sec (or Cointreau) in a pitcher. Rub the rim of four 10-ounce glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the lime-salt. Fill the glasses with ice and top with the margarita mixture.
Which of these summer cocktails are you going to try first? I have my eye on a good old Margarita 🙂 Happy Weekend!
If you got value from this post, please share and comment.
Have an Awesome Day and Life!!
Debbie Sasek – Text or call me at 616-340-0875
“I help women feel confident and happy & help them get back into that Skinny Black Dress and feel sexy again!”
P.S. Check out MORE Low-Cal Cocktails!